We realize there’s a huge amount of information below; and it may appear that we’re a bit hard-nosed…
Honestly, we’d rather not have to publish this page. However, from a liability standpoint, we must provide this information so everyone knows what to expect. The below policies and rules are consistent with our insurance requirements, and our obligations pursuant to numerous event permits. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Rules for Riding on Planet Ultra (in Addition to Everything Else On This Page and All Event-Specific Rules)
1) All riders must pay the event entry fee, and late fee if applicable, and sign the official event waiver without any modification.
2) All riders must show a valid drivers license or other official identification at rider check-in to prove that they are the person whose name is on the roster.
3) All riders must carry and/or wear the official event ID provided at check-in. If we catch you without your ID on your body or bike (based on which event you’re riding), you will be DQ’d from the ride. Riders without ID may be refused support or checkpoint supplies. “Bandit riders” will be banned from future Planet Ultra events, as will the person who brought the bandit if we know who you are.
4) All riders must carry proper identification and personal emergency contact phone number at all times while cycling.
5) All riders must wear a properly fitted and fastened helmet at all times while cycling. No exceptions!!! You will be DQ’d without warning if you’re seen riding without your helmet. No matter how hot it gets on the climbs – keep that helmet on your head!
6) All riders are responsible for knowing and obeying all laws and all relevant aspects of the State Motor Vehicle Code where the event is held. Riders who break laws and/or ride unsafely will be disqualified from the event and lose Grand Slam, King of the Mountains and Triple Crown credit.
7) All riders must follow the basic rules for safe cycling: Ride to the right, single file. Stop at all stop signs and red signals. Protect and warn one another about road hazards and traffic. Don’t overlap wheels. Practice safe paceline and group riding etiquette.
8) Riders may not wear headphones or use ear buds covering both ears.
9) Riders shall not urinate in public view, or within 1/4 mile of any checkpoint. At checkpoint locations, riders must use the designated toilet facilities or portable toilets. (We apologize for even having to state the obvious, but some folks just don’t get it.)
10) All riders must carry and use legal bicycle lights and wear both a left and right reflective ankle band when cycling at night.
11) All century and double century riders must begin riding at one of the designated start times available for the event.
12) Riders must check in at every checkpoint, unless otherwise specified. Riders withdrawing from an event must let the event staff know of the time and place of their withdrawal. We worry about you – so please don’t “go missing.”
13) Riders who go off course or are behind schedule and will not make a checkpoint before the scheduled checkpoint closing time stated on the route sheet must immediately call Planet Ultra and let someone know where they are. Contact numbers for Planet Ultra are listed on the route sheet. If a rider fails to immediately call, they will be considered as having abandoned the ride and must arrange for their own transportation.
14) All Planet Ultra staff have discretion to require a rider to SAG forward if the rider is significantly behind the closing time of any given checkpoint, or for any other safety reason. If a rider refuses SAG at that time, no further support will be given. We may call the rider’s emergency contact person to inform them of the rider’s status. The rider may be listed as DNF.
15) ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL SAG.
16) Riders agree that the Planet Ultra Route Sheets are proprietary and for the personal use of the rider while participating in the event. Riders may not reproduce Planet Ultra Route Sheets for any purpose, including, but not limited to posting on the internet, or in any other public media, club newsletter, etc.
17) Results are FINAL 7 days after the event. If we’ve made a mistake posting your result, you must let us know within that time.
18) All riders are expected to have read and be familiar with all Planet Ultra rules, regulations, policies and procedures on this page.
Planet Ultra reserves the right to disqualify every rider who violates any of the above rules, or for any other safety violation or other unsportsmanlike conduct, without warning.
Ecobee Thermostat Review – Best Thermostat for $150-180 price range
Reasons Why You Need A Shower Head Holder
Rifle Scope – Choosing Tips
The Mattress Experts View
Whole House Humidifier Is Certain Way To Modern Your House
Ultralight Backpacks Will Ease Your Burden