September 22 – November 22
Hard to believe that Autumn is here, the days will get shorter and the temperature cooler. With the holidays right around the corner, we’re honestly happy that 2020 is almost over. We hope 2021 means COVID-19 is gone, and life can move forward in whatever the “new normal” looks like. We certainly hope it includes being able to host actual awesome cycling events and running events for you – in person, so we can once again see your smiling faces.
In the meantime, let’s stay focused on continued good health and motivated to stay FIT FOR FALL, so we can move into the incredibly delicious holiday season with calories to spare.
Set your goal and meet the Challenge of exercising indoors or outdoors: Bike, run, walk, hike or swim for 45 minutes or more each session, at least 3 times per week, for 2 full months. NO concern for mileage or climbing, no competition… Just good ol’ fun and fitness.
Your reward is extra “NICE” points on Santa’s list, and an awesome Christmas jersey to spread joy and good cheer throughout the holiday season.
Don’t be naughty. Join the Challenge!
WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH ENTRY:
1. Planet Ultra will monitor weekly progress on Strava, post results on our website and photos on Facebook. You’ll get lots of kudos and acknowledgement for being consistent with your fitness goals!
2. Everyone who sticks with the Challenge, completing at least 3 activities per week, will be rewarded with a Christmas Elf or Santa jersey (your choice) to share joy, smiles and good cheer during the holiday season.
Jerseys are special ordered, then delivered early December.
Please choose your size wisely, as we will not carry inventory.
Race cut are euro-style, tight fitting. Club cut is more relaxed.
You may “upgrade” to long-sleeve, thermal jersey if desired, for a small charge.
3. Everyone who completes at least 3 activities each week during the challenge will be entered into a drawing to win their choice of either a FREE 2021 Planet Ultra single-day event entry or a FREE Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder jersey.
4. Everyone who completes at least 4 activities per week will be entered into a drawing to win prizes from our sponsors (see below).
5. Discounted USA Cycling membership, with coupon code “club2020.”
6. 20% discount on RoadID, with coupon code 1MKMW5EN3ZNG.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. “Register” for the Challenge online or with mail-in waiver. From September 22nd to November 22nd, maintain and/or improve your fitness by riding, walking, running, hiking, or swimming for at least 45 minutes per activity, at least 3 times per week.
2. Request to join the Fit For Fall Strava Club. For the duration of the Challenge, your privacy settings must be set to EVERYONE, including your profile, so we can view individual activities to make sure they qualify. You must use your real name on Strava for the duration of the Challenge.
3. If you’re not yet on Strava, please join! It’s FREE! And please post photos so we may share on Facebook. At least one photo per week is required. Make it a fun one!
4. Every Sunday during the Challenge we’ll check Strava to count your activities and screenshot your photos to share on Facebook. You must have all activities uploaded to Strava each Sunday by 9pm MDT.
5. Help motivate each other by giving kudos and writing encouraging comments to fellow Fit For Fall participants.
Entry Fee: $129 for two months, includes festive Christmas jersey and chance to win great prizes!
Use the SignUp button to register with RunSignUp and pay by credit card (includes a small service fee). To pay by Venmo or Zelle, download and email this form. The email addresses for Venmo and Zelle are at the bottom of the form.
You may purchase gift Christmas jerseys for your family and friends during registration, or on our online store.